X-Men: Renewed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cantaclarac
Admin
https://xmen-renewed.forumotion.com

Jules, Connecticut: Parkview Apartments - Page 3 Empty Re: Jules, Connecticut: Parkview Apartments

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:59 pm
Noelle smiles behind the soft peck that Tobi plants on her lips. As short as it was, she still found a way to tangle an arm around his neck and hum behind her lips. They break and she smiles "Thank you. I won't be long, I promise."

Her eyes flutter at the soft kiss on her nose and another laugh escapes her. This much giggling was foreign to her, something that felt so nice, yet so weird. She lets go, pulling her phone to her ear, shaking her head as she headed to the door to the small balcony. On the other line, Karen's voice cuts the silence. It's a raised, friendly tone. Nothing that Noelle needed to worry about.

"Yeah. Yeah, they loved it. I'll pass the phone before we go... Oh, yeah, he did a good job... Not as good as yours..." Her voice fades as her hands wrap around the door handle and she exits to the cool, autumnal night. There's a soft click as the door closes and her voice is lost to the night.
----
Jake chuckles as Agnes kicks his legs out of the way, but his eyes widen as they see that Agnes was holding Winter in his arms. Shit. SHIT. Oh god, she was so strong. So so strong. And he couldn't pick up two boxes earlier. Boxes that Noelle, who was just as much of a toothpick as he was, had been able to lug all the way up the stairs. Oh, shit shit shit...

He had to get buff.

Or at least strong enough to not make a complete idiot of himself. Well, in terms of opening jars and the such. He had plenty of other opportunities to make himself look like an idiot. Jake scooches, thinking all this through. Until he felt the sofa shift underneath the new weight.

She sat next to him.

OH FUCK Agnes had sat next to him. He straightens up, a smile playing his lips. He pulls a fleece, tied blanket of his own from underneath the couch- one with bright pink giraffes. It was a gift from his younger sisters when he left and it wasn't soft anymore, but it was familiar. He covers his lap, rubbing his hands together "So, what are we doing? Cards? Pictionary? Never Have I Ever? Marry, Fuck, K-"

He breaks off as Tobi takes his yellow silly straw and places it in the vodka. Welp. Looks like these fools wanted to party. He racked his brain for drinking games. But, after looking at Winter, Jake decided that might not be the best idea ever.

It wasn't even good Vodka. It was super, super cheap. It was probably dry, and not in a good way like a nice Grey Goose. It was bottom shelf bullshit that he used to mix. He shuddered while watching Tobi sip. Jesus Christ, he was strange. Super Cool and super fun and really an amazing guy. But still. Strange.

Perfect for Noelle though, he mused to himself. Jake takes a moment to yawn and stretch. He wasn't that tired, but Winter's yawns were so contagious at this point. The yawn contorts his face, stretching his skin, distorting the symbols.
RegMon

Jules, Connecticut: Parkview Apartments - Page 3 Empty Re: Jules, Connecticut: Parkview Apartments

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:58 am
Winter smiled and giggled as Agnes tried to help her walk to the couch. She was trying her best to move her legs but it wasn't quite happening. Much to her surprise, Agnes picked her up. She gasped slightly before leaning into her strong body, holding her drink in one hand and wrapping her other arm around her. Agnes was carrying her! This was amazing!"

Unfortunately the distance was short and she was gently set down on the couch. Winter smiled at Agnes as she settled herself in her position. She smiled at Agnes and giggled. "Thanks, gorgeous." She said as she reached out and ran her fingers through her mohawk. Man, was Agnes hot. "I don't drink very often." She added with a giggle.

She looked over at the twins and then Jake. "Never have I ever sounds like fun." She said as she sank her back into the corner of the couch. She smiled happily and giggled as Jake yawned. Everything seemed so great great. She had a beautiful girl next to her and good friends nearby too. Not to mention a full belly of delicious food.
HerpdaDerp

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:00 pm
“I can tell.” Agnes replies with a smile as Winter’s hands thread through her hair. Girl gets handsy when tipsy, she thinks as she leans back further into the couch and under her blanket. It’s tremendously warm with the way its trapping her own heat between the snuggle softness of the blanket and the plush cushions of the couch. She feels Jake move next to her and slides her eyes over towards him. He’s got his own throw now, something pink and covered in giraffes. Right cute blanket.

“Ne’er have I e’er.” Agnes lets the words roll off her tongue. Another game she isn’t familiar with, so she looks towards her other half in the armchair sipping vodka from a silly straw. Sharp grey eyes catch their darker twins, asking the question.

This, Tobi knows. He had caught some of his residents playing it in the lobby. The bottle is carefully set on the floor to give him a chance to explain, the silly straw tilts in the glass to lean against the side of the rim. Clear alcohol only now fills about half the tall bottle. ‘Ne’er have I e’er,’ he starts. The signs are a little slower now, made a little more sluggish by the comfort, warmth, and alcohol. ‘Game where y’take turns asking questions. If ‘nother person done what you ain’t, y’put a finger down.’ He shrugs. ‘Least I think tha’s how it goes. Ne’er actually played.’

His eyes close as he leans his head back against the back of the armchair. Fingers dangling over the side of the chair find the neck of the bottle and curl around them. ‘I’d let ‘em go firs’. Figure it out right quick.’

Agnes nods at the response. “Ne’er have I e’er sounds fine. Prefer if one a’ you went firs’. We ne’er played.” Her lips wrap around her own silly straw again before she proceeds to drain the glass dry. Tobi looks over at her as she slurps the last drops dry, taking it as his cue to remove the silly straw from his own bottle. Agnes reaches across Jake towards him with her own glass to hold out as Tobi refills it with the bottle of shitty vodka. She then leans back to her own spot, pulls the blanket back up where it had fallen, and plunks her own blue silly straw back into the glass.

Tobi stands slowly and walks towards the table, draining the rest of the bottle as he goes. He comes back a moment later to his own chair with three beer bottles dangling from his fingers. Figured he’d just save himself a couple trips and grab a few while he was up. The blanket is pulled up once more and he lines all the bottles up at the base of the chair save one that he pops open to sip slowly from.

. “So which one a y’all startin’?” Agnes drawls low.

Cantaclarac
Admin

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:05 pm
Jake watches as Winter begins to ick her way through Agnes’ hair. He wished that were his hand, combing through the plethora of dense curls. They sat perfectly in her mohawk, not like his own poof that rested on him like a small animal. She looked so regal and calm and way too good for him. Ugh, she was perfectly out of his league.

Winter, on the other hand, was looking rough. He had to agree with Agnes- He thought he was a lightweight, but Winter was beating him in that space really quickly. He hoped she would be okay. Maybe Agnes could take her home and come back later! And they could stay up and he could talk to her and learn all there is to know.

Of course, it was going to take a lot to get him to stay awake. A couple more drinks and he was going to be out on the floor.

His eyes flick to the silent exchange between the two twins, laying back comfortably in his seat. When Agnes spoke, he grinned at her “Never played? It’s pretty easy! We’re gonna play college rules. Basically, if someone says something that you’ve done, you take a shot-“ Jake’s eyes flick to Winter “- or a sip if you’re a lightweight like me. For example-“ Jake burps and pounds his chest, reaching for his empty glass. He frowns, sitting up “Sorry, for example-“ Another burp “Sorry. Okay, for example. If someone were to say…. Oh! ‘Never have I ever been called the spawn of Satan’ I would have to take a sip. Because I’ve been called the spawn of Satan at least three times in my lifetime.”

He stands, going to the fridge and grabs two beers. His steps are slow and heavy, without purpose. He finally makes it to the fridge, and slowly makes his way back. He drops of the beer in Winter’s lap before making his way back to his spot. He pulls the blanket back over his legs “But I can go first.”

He clears his throat, dramatically, but it ends in a wet cough. He twists off the cap of the beer with his blanket, relishing in the soft pop and hiss that results. “Okay, never have I ever… got into a fistfight…” He thinks for a moment, going over memories. He finishes the statement “With a stranger.”
RegMon

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm
Winter giggled again but didn't quite stop stroking her hair. Agnes's hair was so so soft. She really liked it. It looked perfect on. Winter knew that she couldn't pull off a mohawk like she did. She barely listened as Agnes questioned the rules of the game. Tobi seemed to explain it to her and soon they were all back on track.

Winter giggled as Jake mentioned taking a sip instead of a shot. She held her new beer bottle in her lap. "Yeah.... Don't like... Worry about me. I'll take it slow." She said before letting her hand drop from Agnes's hair. She would leave her alone for now. They had a game to play.

Winter grinned at his first question. She smirked and raised her bottle before popping off the top and took a sip. "Hockey can like... get pretty rough sometimes. Started and ended like... a couple of fights on the ice." She said before looking to the twins to see their answers.
HerpdaDerp

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:58 pm
“Easy ‘nough.” Agnes hums. Seemed simple, more of an excuse to drink than any sort of real challenge. Excuse to learn a little more about the people her brother had chosen as friends too. She almost wishes Noelle could be here, but Jake asks his first question. Like hell the tall wispy bean her brother liked to smooch would have gotten into a fistfight at any point in her life. Them on the other hand…

Agnes and Tobi look at each other before each lifting their bottles in mock salute at each other and taking sips of their drinks. Tobi wasn’t sure if Evan counted, but even still, they had both been a little rougher in their teenage years, a little less polished, and a lot more scared of the world around them. Any sort of threat to either of them and the other would jump in.

Plus, Agnes played football in highschool. That’s kind of like fighting with strangers, but on a team.

“Can’t picture either a’ya throwin’ punches.” Agnes says, thinking it over. “Maybe you,” she says with a glance over at Winter. “But definitely not you.” A finger unfolds from where it was curled around her glass to point at Jake.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:32 pm
Jake had asked the question to give the twins a baseline, an example for when they would drink. He hadn't expected Winter to sip, so now he looked like a wimp. A fear that was only confirmed by Agnes' little comment. He huffed, half-mocking his own defensiveness "Hey! I've thrown punches before! I've got two older brothers AND an older sister. I've punched all of them. Really hard. So, yeah."

He pauses, realizing how mean-spirited that comment made him seem, and quickly detracted it "Uh, well. I mean. They deserved it. When I punched them. Or kicked them. Or they punched me. Like the time when Steven lost to me in a game of Scrabble. Or when my Dad yelled at my sister, Molly, for breaking this really old vase, but it was actually me and Molly hit me so hard that I got knocked back into the china cabinet. So...."

Trailing off, he was slowly seeing the shovel in his hand while he just dug his hole deeper "I'm just trying to say that I've been in a fight before. Just not with a stranger. Yeah. You're turn, Agnes. Hit us with a confession."

He added the last part to move away from this situation. He was also curious to what these two mysterious forest twins haven't done. They've probably wrestled bears. Or skinned a beaver. He waited on bated breath.
HerpdaDerp

Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:19 pm
“It ain’t a bad thing, it ain’t a bad thing!” Agnes laughs as Jake tries to explain himself. Tobi watches Jake dig himself deeper with a small smile and something wry in his eyes. God, Jake could get wound up so easy. Agnes takes a sip of her beer to give herself a pause. “Prob’ly better y’don’, y’know?” Her eyes flick towards her twin. He's sitting in his armchair, curled up as best he can under the blanket.

“We’ere mostly young n’stupid.” Tobi nods from his spot in the armchair. “Highschool, y’know?” she shrugs. "Only took once, but there'ere fights."

“My turn, uh?” she pauses. Her fingers tap against the glass of her drink in thought. What hadn’t she done? It’s a long list. She and her brother had gotten a relatively late start with most popular things in society, hell, she didn’t know what a Pictionary was until about ten minutes ago. Honestly, she could pick most anything. Bowling, nearly every chain restaurant, a lot of foods not native to their little stretch of land, most pop culture, pretty much every movie... huh. That'll work, she thinks.

“Ne’er have I e’er,” she pauses, lets the phrase hang. She can't quite remember the name of the place. Getting old, she thinks with a small smile. “Ne’er have I e’er been in a movie theater.” She finishes. She sees Tobi nod out of the corner of her eye near Jake, pointedly not taking a sip of his beer.
RegMon

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 pm
Winter grinned as Jake tried to talk hisnelf out of the hole he was digging. She giggled. "It's okay, Jake. Fighting is like... Not that much fun anyways. You get like put in the penalty box." She said. She turned the bottle in her hand as she looked to Agnes.

She gasped when Agnes said that she never had been to movie theater. Winter took a sip of her beer before setting it down. She looked at Agnes in shock and almost offended. "You've never been to a movie theater!?" She looked at Tobi. "Really?! Well. We are definitely like, have to fix that!" She said, clearly determined.

"You're not getting out of this one. We are going. I will tie you down if I must, but I will like, get you to th movies." She nodded, having ended her rant. She grinned. "You're missing out on amazing popcorn." She looked at the twins. "I will get Noelle to do this with me."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:39 pm
Jake's jaw nearly hit the ground. He blinks "You've..." HE sputters his words, the idea blasphemous in his presence. Jake falters, blinking twice slowly. "You've never... gone to the movies? Like... Ever?"

He looks at Winter, looks at Tobi, trying to find support. Winter is talking, animatedly declaring that she was going to fix this. He takes a large gulp of his beer, shaking his heads. It looked like his dream girl, the one that made his heart pound, Agnes... She did have a flaw. She's never been to a movie theatre.

God was testing him. He knew it.

"Any movie theatre? Not even a Dollar Theatre? Or a Drive-in? You've had to go to a Drive-in. You seem like a drive-in type of person."

He then turns his attention to Tobi "You too? Not even with Noelle? Jesus Christ dude. It's like... The perfect date spot." Sharking his head, he looks at Winter "You better go. Before I have a stroke.. No movie theatre.... Jesus..."

They must be mountain people. They mentioned being in high school... maybe it was a special mountain man high school Where they chopped wood. And fought elk. And skinned squirrels. That was the ONLY explanation.
HerpdaDerp

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:07 pm
Agnes shakes her head when Winter looks at her in disbelief, while Tobi just shrugs when she looks her way. ‘Kinky,’ Agnes thinks idly as Winter describes her plans for stealing her away.

“Nah, ain’t e’er been.” Agnes says as she leans further back into the couch. Tobi nods again when Jake looks his way. “Ne’er had the time or the money when we ‘ere younger.” That, she thinks, and they scared the right shit outta Tobi for a long time after… well. Dark enclosed space with no windows, people pressed in on both sides? Two exits max? She had trouble getting him to high school most days when they were teenagers, she had never wanted to press her luck with something they couldn’t even afford.

Tobi ducks his eyes when Jake meets his again, still in disbelief. He mentions Noelle and a little niggling doubt begins to eat at him. He raises his beer to his lips, swallows the rest of it in an attempt to chase it away. Is that something she would enjoy?, he thinks as he pops the top on the second glass. Shit, when was the last time they went on an actual date? Goddamn, he can’t even think of a time where they have gone on a date. Had they never gone on a date?

It’s not like he didn’t like movies and not like he didn’t watch them, it’s just that the only time he really watched them now was either with the roommates on his floor or late-night at Agnes’s house when he visited. As a result, he was pretty well versed in made for tv movies, but anything else, he didn’t have a clue. Does Noelle like movies? He can’t remember. He sips at his drink, his brows furrowing as he thinks back.

Agnes looks over at her brother with a little snort. Lord knows what’s got him so lost in thought. “Ain’t so strange, Jake. Y’ain’t e’er skinned a dear I bet, an’ we did that damn near e’ery week.” She sips her drink and lets their outrage settle a bit.

“A'ight, I did mine, now y’all do yours, girlie.” She pokes into Winter’s side with her free hand. “Let’s hear it."
RegMon

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:45 pm
Winter was encouraged that at least Jake was on her side with this one. She still couldn't believe that the twins had never been to a movie theater of any kind. Jake was right. A drive in would have counted and they hadn't even done that! Man, was she going to have to educate them in the ways of going to the movies! The twins seemed so... indifferent about this whole affair.

"I still can't believe it..." She muttered, shaking her head at them. "Well, I will find a drive in and I will kidnap the both of you and make it a group outing." She said. She knew Jake would be on her side in her plan. She just had to find the right place and night. Sure, Agnes had a point about skinning deer but still...

She was forced out of her thoughts when Agnes poked her side. She giggled a bit and held her side. Agnes knew that she was ticklish. She playful glared at her before grinning as she settled into her spot. Her turn indeed. Her drunked mind whirled with possible questions. She supposed she should start out easy before getting to the personal ones. She smiled as she thought of the perfect one for this round.

"Alright... Never have I like ever... been high." She said with a smirk as she looked around at the other three. She was curious after all about her new friends.

Cantaclarac
Admin

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:11 pm
Jake looked at Winter as she asked her question and slowly, tentatively, took a sip of his beer.

In his defense, it was in high school and never more than the occasional joint that he scored from his older brother. Something about it made it seem forbidden and cool, with the added benefit of making him feel great and not as hyperactive. It was one of the only ways to get him to just sit back and shut up and to stop thinking about everything going on. But it never turned to habit, just an occasional pleasure, like making out in a cornfield or getting wasted in a cornfield.

It was Iowa, where else was it going to happen?

He was never caught. Which was good. His father would have chewed him out, maybe smacked him upside the head. Because Jake wasn't an idiot- a doofus, maybe. but not an idiot. He always smoked somewhere far away, brought extra clothes, and would air out the van or anything else the smell might get in.

He never did anything harder- cocaine seemed to do too much, meth was too scary. Heroin was the subject to many overdoses, which freaked him out even more than meth. It wasn't anything to worry about.

His eyes flip to the twins, curious to their answers. Maybe they had some shrooms that they found. Maybe that was being judgemental? Eh, he was too buzzed to really care. As long as he didn't say it out loud.
HerpdaDerp

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:25 pm
“Drive in, huh?” Agnes says. She’s considering; while she was fine with not seeing movies in theaters, she had always been curious about the whole experience. What would it be like to watch a movie on a screen that big? Jake had said it was a prime spot for a date, what made it so special? She’s heard of drive ins, though she’s never found the time for it. Sounds like a compromise though; movie in an open field, under the stars? It would at least put Tobi at ease.

“Maybe.” She finally agrees. Sounds nice, just a fun night in her truck and that kid’s van watching some old movie and eating popcorn in the middle of nowhere.

Winter says her question then, and Agnes lets her beer sit. “Routine drug screenings f'the park,” she offers as an explanation. She’d personally never seen the appeal even when they were younger, but she ain’t judging. She’d almost wished Tobi would try some; kid was so high strung some days. A moment later though, she can see him move to take a sip of his beer out the corner of her eye, and her eyebrows hit her hairline.

“Really?” she asks him in disbelief. His beer is tucked between his knees so he can answer.

‘Once,’ he signs. ‘Party, freshman year.’ He shrugs; the motions tucks him deeper into his blanket. ‘Went for the food.’

“Swear t’god.” She mumbles under her breath with an amused smile. Next to her, she watches Jake take a very hesitant sip of his beer and she can't help it; she laughs.

"God, bunch'a irresponsible kids. Hool'gans, the lot of you." She mutters under her breath without any bite, more teasing than anything else. "M'own twin."

RegMon

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:40 pm
Winter was a little satisfied to know that it might not be as hard to drag the twins to the movies as she had previous thought. Drive-ins seemed to be the way to go. She wouldn't mind snuggling close to Agnes as they watched a movie. She actually would quite enjoy it. Granted... other things tended to happen at drive in... or so she's heard.

After she said her question, she looked over everyone. First, Jake took a small sip. She grinned. He said nothing so she wouldn't pry. Not now at least, but she did grin all the same. Agnes stayed still. Drug screens for work. Fair enough. That was more or less the same reason why she never smoked a joint. Hockey meant everything to her in high school and she was not about to mess that up by getting caught drinking and getting high.

What surprised her was Tobi taking a swig and Agnes's obvious shocked reason. Oh this had to be good! The RA got high once! She was eager to hear the story but then she remembered too late that Tobi was only signing for now. She sighed. Damn. It had to have been a good story. "Wish I knew signs..." She muttered but smiled all the same. She was just noisy and wanted to know what had happened.

Agnes seemed amused by the story and her reaction to the two boys was enough to make her giggle once more. "Whatever are we going to like do with them?" She asked Agnes in a teasing way. "Hooligan indeed..." She then looked at Tobi. "It's like... your turn. What you got, Tobi?" She challenged. "And my warrior princess? Could you like... translate for us illiterates here?" she asked Agnes with a lazy smile, directed at Agnes. God, her eyes were gorgeous...
HerpdaDerp

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:27 pm
Tobi considers the question. He hasn’t done a whole lot, same as Agnes. They had lived about parallel lives up until maybe two years ago but even still, he still lived with her in the summers. They tended to hang out together, have the same preferences, and similar life experiences. He thinks over the question, looking for something. Anything.

It leads him to thinking about Noelle, as it usually does. How she’s still on the balcony talking to her mother about whatever she had called about. Just checking in he hopes, nothing catastrophic, as events recently tended to be. He hopes whatever they’re going through sorts itself out soon, hopes that the toughest thing Joy ever has to He hopes its just Karen and Joy in Maine, in their little house near the ocean.

‘Ne’er have I e’er been to the ocean.’ He signs with his beer in between his knees. It’s true; despite living in North Carolina, his family had very rarely gone any farther than the mountains. They tended to stay along the range in more elevated, forested areas. Can’t even imagine what it looks like, really. Just a huge lake? Blue for miles on end? He has no idea.

On the couch, Agnes translates. Tobi catches Winter’s words and chuffs out a little laugh. He throws a few more signs towards his sister with a hint of a grin.

‘Warrior princess, huh?’ one eyebrow lifts. ‘She got it bad.’ His eyes have a playfulness in them as he picks up the beer; the small teasing smile is hidden quickly behind the dark glass as he raises it to take a sip. Agnes rolls her eyes at him with a small smile on her face as she lets the beer sit in her lap. She’s gotten close once or twice, but she like her twin, has never been to the ocean.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:54 pm
"Coast to Coast, baby. The Jacob McKinley Caravan of Wonders has toured from Atlantic to Pacific. Not consecutively." Jake grins at Tobi and Agnes "Want to, someday. Continental tour of the good ol' US of A? Hecks yes I want that."

He found it cute. Noelle had told him of her little slice of New England paradise. Or at least, how she saw it. Big storms, lots of water. Caves? She said she explored caves? And sea glass. She made jewelry and shit with it, he had forced her to show him after she made a comment about it. And for her to have found and fallen in love with a big, beefy man that hadn't come down from the mountains before college? Cute. Cute Cute Cute!

Jake takes a long pull from his beer, feeling pleasantly fuzzy. His eyes turn to Agnes, seeing she didn't drink "You neither? Man, gotta take you some day. It's cool. If you find the right beach. And I've got some good ones in my back pocket."

His eyes flick to Tobi and Agnes. Shit, he hadn't been paying attention. What did Winter say? He decides to turn his attention back to his beer and takes another drink. One for each ocean. Just to be fair.

After that, he looks at the door. Noelle had been out there for a while. He hoped everything was okay- while they had gotten close, she had chosen not to share everything with him. Which was fine. Jake didn't press. He figured out pretty quickly that Noelle grants information like keys. You only get one if you're really close, and even then, it only unlocks one closet in the entire mansion of secrets and stories. So far, he had unlocked the one about Tobi and has peeked into her home life. She hated her dad. He wasn't there. Her mom was awesome, he saw that up close.

But she was taking a long time.

He pulls up his blanket, shivering. He'd worry about it in five more minutes. He knew how family could be- talking your ears off.
RegMon

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:05 pm
Winter waited as Tobi considered what he was going to say, or rather sign. Finally, after a few moments, he had his idea and Agnes easily translated for him. She sighed and took a sip. Having lived in Sitka her entire life, she lived right on the edge of the ocean. Granted, it was technically the Gulf of Alaska but it was basically the ocean. She was about to explain herself when she caught Tobi signing to Agnes who opted to not translate. He seemed amused by something. She wondered what it was about but he was probably saying something to her about living up in the mountains and never seeing the ocean. Agnes didn't take a drink so it was clear that she has never seen the ocean.

Jake drank. Twice in fact. She smiled. "That's like... so cool, Jake. Maybe we could all go together. First we go to the movies and then make a trip to the ocean. We have to catch the twins up on like... everything!" She giggled at the thought. She wouldn't mind spending more time with Agnes either.

"My hometown is like... located on an island.... I like literally see the ocean nearly every day. It's like so weird not seeing a large body of water almost every day." She said, explaining herself. "Granted... I haven't seen the Atlantic yet, so that trip to the shore like, won't just be for the twins. Don't plan on swimming though. I hate sand. It's like... so awful..." She shudders. She had one bad experience in a sandbox and that was about it for her. To quote Star Wars "sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere". And she meant everywhere. Not a pleasant experience.

She looked out at the door that Noelle had walked out of. It's been a bit right? And it was her turn in the game. "Should we like... check up on Noelle? It's like, her turn and all." She looked to Tobi. She was his girlfriend after all. He should be the one doing the checking. Jake seemed worried. Tobi too. Maybe it was just her mom catching up.. but wouldn't Noelle have told her that she would call her back later?
HerpdaDerp

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:27 pm
Tobi follows Winter’s line of sight towards the balcony window. Noelle still hadn’t come back yet, but it didn’t seem urgent. She would let them know if she needed someone. It’s her turn, but she doesn’t look like she’s coming back in soon. Five more minutes he guesses, then he’ll start to worry. Until then, he’s got his beer, his blanket, and a pretty comfortable spot. Least there’s no asshole in the mix like last time she stepped out to talk.

‘Skip,’ he motions towards Agnes who nods in response.

She would tell them, but the two lightweights in the group are still talking about beaches. Somewhere sunny almost sounds nice. Agnes had always heard stories from her coworkers about their trips to the beach, and women in not a whole lot definitely held some appeal. Just a day out on the ocean she had never seen, warm sands, and good friends. She leans her head back and tips the rest of the whiskey back, her throat bobbing as she swallows what’s left in the glass.

There’s a long moment where she just waits, and then a lull.

“We’re gonna give string bean a bit more time outside, so I guess it’s your turn, Jacob McKinley Caravan a’Wonders.” She says with a sideways glace at the man in question. “Wonder me.” She drawls, drawing out the syllables.

Cantaclarac
Admin

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:41 pm
"I think she's okay too... Let's give her a couple more minutes. I think her mom is a talker." Jake answers back. More than anything, he knew the last thing Noelle would want is everyone stops everything they were doing to check up on her. Tobi was here and if she didn't come in soon, they could deploy him. "I can go again. She can come in on the next round, it's all good."

Still.

Jake met Tobi's eyes, giving him a look that expressed what he had been thinking. A cross between a hesitant plea and a good-natured smile. And just as quickly as it had come, Jake tapped the glass on his bottle.

"At your service, ma'am!" Jake grins at her as she tells him to wonder. Ugh, with that smile. Those eyes. That frame. He could see her standing over hills, wind whipping her curls. The image made his heart stop. But he had to think of a question.

He sort of knew what to expect at this point. The question was whether he wanted to get drunker or if he wanted the twins to catch up. And, based on the fact that he couldn't keep his head straight and the lights were a little fuzzier, the latter seemed safer. He could still make this fun. As fun as it could be for Tobi, even though he knew the guy was probably worrying at least a little bit.

Those two. He needed them to calm down. Like a butt ton. A fuck ton. They wound up so tightly until the next big crisis. Jake just hoped it wouldn't be tonight. The night had been going on so well. No explosions. No out of control powers. No friends passing out. In terms of hangouts, this was one of the better he had with these two. Also, Noelle had planned this party. She should see everyone enjoying it!

Focus, dummy.

"Okay... Okay, okay, okay. Never have I ever.... Uh...." Jake ponders for a moment, lolling his head back, then shoots up "Never have I ever owned a knife longer than eight inches long!"

He got them now!
RegMon

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:58 pm
Winter waited patiently as everyone decided to leave Noelle alone for a bit longer. They didn't seemed too concerned so she wasn't. She shrugged and twisted her beer bottle in her lap. She closed her eyes briefly as Jake pondered what he was going to ask. HE could ask just about anything. Jake was a wild card, that was certain. He was so hyper and excitable. He seemed to have done a lot of things on a whim.

Finally, his question. She smirked and did not take a drink. "Well shit... I don't think I've even own a knife except for like a pocket knife... oh! And that swiss army knife my grandpa gave me." She said. Eight inches. That would be one big ass knife! Even the knife she gave Tobi was only 4 inches. She doesn't even think she's seen a knife that was eight inches long.

She looked at the twins. "do they even like make knives that big?" She asked the twins. THey would be the ones to know. She snuggled into the corner of the couch. This was fun. Hopefully Noelle would come back in for the next round.
HerpdaDerp

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:36 pm
Tobi catches Jake’s look. He knows, Jake doesn’t have to tell him to worry. Tobi worries near constantly; it’s just who he is. He’s fine with waiting this once though, fine with letting her talk in peace on the balcony. She’s only ‘bout fifteen feet away, twenty max. She’s safe.

He does roll his eyes at Jake’s exuberance. Kid was all over the place tonight, couldn’t have just been the beer. Tobi’s eye’s track Jake as he responds to his sister, watching. There’s something familiar there, something that his brain’s just not connecting. Jake’s looking at Agnes with… with what? The looks are put aside, filed away for later. It’ll come to him eventually. Ain’t coming to him now, what as Jake asks his question. Tobi doesn’t even look, just tosses Agnes his third beer on the floor next to the armchair.

Agnes catches it by the neck with two fingers and pops the lid open. “That a sip f’the question or each knife?” she asks as she folds forward to roll up the bottoms of her jeans. Sitting there, strapped to her leg and previously hidden by the jeans, is a dark black holster. She flicks a strap open and pulls out the treasure hidden there: a large tactical knife, at least nine inches long.

Tobi leans his head back, tilting the entire glass back and swallowing the whole thing for good measure. If it was every knife, that ought to about cover it. His hand comes out to hold the knife for Agnes as she drains her own full glass. She pulls her lips off the rim with a soft pop and light gasp of air.

‘Pa’d be proud.’ Tobi signs at her as he looks over the knife, twirling it in his hand. ‘Mine’s in m'backpack.’

“Shit place t’keep it.” She chides him. He just rolls his shoulders as he stands to get more drinks for the both of them. Jake’s playing to get them drunk now; no way in hell these other two needed knives that big for anything. Not that he minds. That was the goal coming in to tonight. The knife drops into Agnes’s waiting hand as he passes by.

Her gaze turns towards Winter, something a little wild there. “Hell yeah, girlie, should see a’Pa’s. Has t’make hi’own.” She laughs, teeth sharp as the edge of the knife she’s holding and eyes glinting like the shine of the metal blade. “They ‘bout as long as m’forearm.” The rough pad of her finger presses against the tip as she twirls it. Getting’ dull, she thinks. Been a while since she’s sharpened it. She twirls it one more time in hand before shoving it back in its holder and rolling her pants back down.

Tobi comes back then with three new beers in one hand and a bottle of rum and Rumchata he had managed to snag. Agnes grabs the Rumchata as he passes by again. “Playin’ dir’y, wonda’boy.” Agnes teases, drawl a little thicker.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:53 pm
He jumps up at the knife, leaning his long torso down to get a better look at it. He leans back as Tobi takes it, eyes wide and gleaming with glee. Jesus, this was getting interesting. At the mention of her dad's knife, the twelve-year-old spirit in his chest squeezed. He was their dad at Family Day: The guy's huge. His knife would match.

AWESOME!

He smirks, an eyebrow raised as Agnes teases him. Oh, that's how she wanted to play? He gave an affectionate eye roll, smiling.

"Now, why would I do that? Don't want you to clean me out." He teases, knowing full well that was the direction that they were going was past the point of no return. Especially now, with Tobi holding the beer, the rum and.... Rumchata? He passes it to Agnes. Huh. Would never peg her to drink something so sweet. Something that clung to the throat like film. Still, he might want some of that. "Looks like we're getting there. Alright... alright, ALRIGHT. It's your turn. Try not to slash me. I got a quiz on Monday."

Jake began to wonder about the weekend. He was itching to go somewhere. Anywhere. Maybe he would go east again. Somewhere new. Oooo! Or Boston again. That could be fun.
RegMon

Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:02 am
Winter's eyes widened as the twins simply knocked back both of their drink. Well shit. They do make knives bigger than eight inches. By the reaction, they had plenty of big knives laying around. Then she jumped when she saw an example. "Holy Shit!" She exclaimed, almost spilling her beer. "That is huge!" She looked at the knife as the twins handed it back and forth. Winter looked at Agnes as she spoke to her. The wild look in her eyes was honestly so hot. But the knife was a little remainder that Agnes was one bad ass chick and she could probably kill her.

Granted... that made her dangerous and dangerous was the new sexy.

She blinked, stunned as she described her father's knife. As big as... man. That thing must be huge too! And Agnes was loving every second of her shock. She looked at Agnes's leg once her jeans covered back up her knife. She smiled. "Well.... just like... totally remind me to never start a fight with you two." She said with a giggle. "Y'all are some bad ass mother fuckers." She added with a grin.

Her attention was focused on Agnes now. "Yeah, your turn. What you got, beautiful?" She asked with a smile. One of her hands briefly brushed against her arm. Why was she always so warm? Every new thing she learns about Agnes makes her love her more and more.
HerpdaDerp

Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:50 am
"Fighr's a'fer fists, knives a'fer utility." Agnes responds. Tobi nods, his eyes closing as his head dips. Their Pa taught them that; if a fight could be solved with bloody knuckles, better for everyone involved. Little more satisfying too, Tobi thinks with a grim smile.

Agnes unscrews the cap of the Rumchata. Doesn't matter what she's drinkin', long as she's drinking. Tobi owes her one for this, she thinks as she takes a long pull from the bottle; it's the sweeter of the two by a long shot. She pulls away from the bottle with a gasp like she’s just come up for air. Her eyes start to droop just a bit, sharp grey hidden behind long lashes.

Even rarer still: the flush that’s starting to spread across her and her twin’s cheeks. It blooms behind their smattering of freckles and spreads up to the bridge of their nose and their ears. Agnes leans into the couch, her arms coming up behind her to drape across the back of the couch. Rumchata sits in her lap, leaned against the curve of her thigh. “Les’sie,” she murmurs low. The word rumbles low in her chest, syllables caught and stretched by her thick drawl.

“The hell we ain’t do…” She mumbles out loud. Her head turns towards Tobi in his chair, hand around the neck of the tall bottle and sucking down rum like he’s a dying man. One leg has been thrown over the opposite arm of the chair while the other is spread just enough to dangle onto the ground. He looks almost regal with his large frame and relaxed pose. Agnes snaps her fingers at him; dark eyes blink and focus on her. “Wha’ ain’t we do?”

She must see something in the dead, glassy stare he gives her in return. Agnes sighs. “Knows nothin’, swear’n his holy name. Ah, ne’er ha’ I e’er…” She pauses in thought. ‘Ne’er ha’ I e’er…” A pause as she thinks.

“Ne’er ha’ I e’er sucked dick.” She says with a final nod before stretching herself out against the back of the couch. Her curls bounce with the movement. Calloused fingers wrap around the neck of the Rumchata and just tap a soft rhythm against the glass. She can see her brother from her rolling her eyes at her; she smiles back toothy and wide.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum