X-Men: Renewed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cantaclarac
Admin
https://xmen-renewed.forumotion.com

Highmauve: Winter's Dorm Room Empty Highmauve: Winter's Dorm Room

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 pm
Noelle sighs and knocks at the door, a box of cookies in her hands. Dressed for class, her white blouse and black skirt looked neat and clean. With her hair pulled up, she looked precise and pristine. Biting her lip, she knew an apology was in order.
RegMon

Highmauve: Winter's Dorm Room Empty Re: Highmauve: Winter's Dorm Room

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:15 pm
Winter opened the door as she ran her fingers through her hair. She was dressed in sweats and a baggy t shirt. When she was clean, she wasn't pristine, going for a more casual... Way casual look. She looked at Noelle a bit confused for a split second before flashing her smile. "Hey Noelle.... Uh... What's up?" She glanced down at the cookies. "those for me?" She raised an eyebrow, clearly confused. "I thought I pissed you off so much that you didn't want to talk to me no more." She paused a beat. "Oh! Where are my manners!" She opened the door wider. "You can come in if you like." Winter's room was half the size of Noelle's since hers was a single. Her bed was pushed up against the window and her desk next to her bed. Her dresser was by the door. All around her room were various band and hockey posters. Her hockey gear was shoved in a corner of the room and out of the way. Despite Winter's typical appearance, her room was fairly organized.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:19 pm
Noelle nodded and took a step in, not trying to be rude. She hands her the box and says, staring at Winter "I want to apologize. I was quite rude a couple days ago. I'm really sorry." Standing absolutely still, she waits for a response
RegMon

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:27 pm
Winter took the box and looked at Noelle as she stared at her. Winter blinked once. "You don't have anything to apologize for. I made you mad. Honestly, I thought you were gonna a punch me or something. Actually, it's me that should apologize but I figured you didn't want to see me again. I don't know what I said that made you mad. But I'm sorry that I did. It wasn't what I intended. Anyways, I took your advice on that project. It was really helpful. A couple of internet searches and I found this one mutant who helped Jews escape from the Nazis. I thought he was pretty cool so I'm doing my report on him." She offered her a smile, hoping that she was at least kinda smoothing things over with her.

"Noelle. I really am sorry for whatever I had said. Im just trying to make new friends and get used to this whole college thing. I don't mean to make enemies. You're really nice. Or at least seem that way. Kind enough to get me cookies. Want one?" She asked as she opened the box.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:30 pm
"No, It's fine. I don't want one." Noelle felt deeply uncomfortable. Why was it so easy for her to joke with Tobi, but she just couldn't understand Winter?

"I'm glad you found someone for your project.... If you ever need help with anything else.... I can help." She says these words slowly and deliberately.
RegMon

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:34 pm
Winter's face brightened. "Really? That means a lot. Really. And if you need anything, I got you." She thinks for a moment. If she was going to keep talking or at least be friendly with Noelle, she was going to have to learn what pissed her off. "Um... Noelle? What made you so mad when we talked last? I don't want to keep making you mad every time we speak, ya know?"
Cantaclarac
Admin

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:38 pm
Noelle swallows and chews her lip for a moment "It's okay, Winter. I was just being silly. I got frustrated by how you said a couple things, but on further inspection, I realized that was just being a little sensitive about a couple things, that's all."
RegMon

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:42 pm
"Oh? Okay... If you say so..." Winter didn't quite believe her. "Well... How can I improve the way I speak with you then? My. Mom's always getting on my ass about being considerate towards others. Listen, it doesn't take a genius to see that our personalities don't exactly mesh."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:44 pm
"Yeah. And I'm working on talking to people. I don't... I didn't have any friends before I came here. I don't usually interact with people."
RegMon

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:48 pm
"No offense, but I can tell. No worries though. College is about expanding horizons, right? I'm used to having a bunch of people around but I didn't have anyone who was like my 'best friend'." She said with air quotes. "So not having anyone around is new for me. We're learning more than just school work."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:18 am
Noelle shrugged, not looking at Winter "Yeah..."

The silence is awkward and Noelle stands very still. She is unsure what she does next.
RegMon

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am
Winter scratched the back of her neck, trying to figure out what to way next. "Wanna grab lunch or something?" She said finally. She hates awkward silences. She hated silences period but it seemed Noelle liked.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:24 pm
"No it's-" Stopping herself, Noelle reconsiders. If she had any hope of improving her social skills, this was it. "Okay... Sure. I can go for a small lunch..."
RegMon

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:00 pm
Winter smiled. "Okay. Wanna go off campus or just eat at the dining hall?" She asked. She was trying her best to be considerate. It was hard. Very hard.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:04 pm
"Dining hall is fine. Quicker." Noelle said, waiting for Winter to take the lead. After a moment of silence, Noelle leads the way to the dining hall. She made slow and extremely small talk with Winter over the usual topics: the weather, classes, clubs, and the like.

The dining hall was a magnificent building reminiscent of a medieval castle. The walls were thick stone, with high windows. Rows and rows of dark wood tables lined the room with chairs with students sporadically sitting in them. In a small side chamber, there is a couple counters and appliances that are accompanied by workers. Pizza, sandwiches, salads and more law as bounty, complete with a bored student sitting at the cash register. Natural light pours into the room, creating a bright atmosphere.

Noelle finds a table for Winter but meets eyes with a nearby student. He has wispy blonde hair and cornflower blue eyes. He was a little shorter than Noelle with a lean and fit build. His toothy smile was blinding, and Noelle blushed when it was flashed her way. She quickly avoids his eyes, embarrassed. The boy continues to look at her, trying to get her attention, which Noelle ignores adamantly.

Although, she isn't hiding her distraction well.
RegMon

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:47 am
As the made meaningless small talk, Winter realized that Noelle was trying her best to be friendly. Winter limited herself on talking about herself. It seemed like Noelle didn't really like that. Once they made it to the dining hall however, Winter saw something intriguing. A boy, not staring at her (for once) but instead at her companion. And it looked like Noelle spotted him too. The poor girl was distracted and maybe flustered.

Winter grinned. Time to play wingwoman. "He's kinda cute, don't you think?" She said as she placed her elbow on the table and rested her chin in her palm.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:14 am
Noelle gives a short nod "Yeah... Oh no... He's coming over here..."

The boy has gotten up and was starting to make his way over, his eyes fixed on Noelle, who tries to avoid the eye contact desperately. She couldn't talk to him- she was going to say something stupid.
RegMon

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:20 pm
Winter grinned. "Hey. You got this. Just be yourself. You're really sweet. Don't worry about flirting, now. Just talk to him." She smiled at the boy and waved, even though he wasn't staring at her at all. She nudged Noelle with her foot. "Just say hi."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:26 pm
Noelle bites her lip but gives a small smile. She tries to sit up, but it looks almost painful for her.

"Hey. How's it going? I'm Evan." His voice is smooth and mid-pitched, which shook her to her core. Evan flashes her another smile.

"Um... Hello... I'm Noelle..." It's almost a squeak. Evan doesn't mind, sitting down across from her "Noelle? Nice name. Now, I gotta be honest-" he leans in, Noelle's eyes as wide as dinner plates "I've seen you around campus. I've been trying to work up the nerve to talk to you. How am I doing?"

Another smile. Noelle takes a deep breath, looking at Winter for a moment, then back at Evan "R-Really?"
RegMon

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:32 pm
Winter grinned and sat back as she watched they spoke. She was highly amused. Her little matchmaker heart was proud as Noelle at least spoke to him, even if it was quiet. The other boy was shy too it seemed so all was well.

When Noelle looked at her, Winter gave her a subtle thumbs up and a grin. She also made a 'go on' motion with her hand. She wasn't about to interrupt. Noelle was doing great. If she started to flounder a bit, she would step in.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:39 pm
"Yeah, really. I saw you in the writer's room. You must be, like, really smart. I've been trying to get the nerve to talk to you- It's not every day you see a pretty and intelligent girl."

Noelle's legs felt like jelly. This has never happened to her before. And he was cute. And sweet. Her heart wanted to leap out of her chest. "Oh... Um... Thank you..."

"Listen, I can tell you aren't used to this... I'll leave you my number, and you can feel free to text me. Maybe we can get coffee or lunch or something." His eyes glittered as he wrote out a phone number on a small scrap of paper. Noelle looks at Winter for help again.
RegMon

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:52 pm
Winter grinned and motioned for her to take the number. She gave her another thumbs up. Noelle was doing great. She was so proud. She watched him, trying to figure out if he had any alternative motives for this. So far, she couldn't see any.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:57 pm
"Here you go... Hope to hear from you soon." He winks and slides the paper to her, going back to sit at his table with his friends.

Noelle exhales loudly as he leaves, her eyes still wide. She looked at Winter "What was that?"
RegMon

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:00 pm
Winter grinned at her. "That is a college boy. And he just gave you his number. That is what we call flirting." She leaned forward. "So.... You gonna text him later? I'll help you form a text. You don't want to seem too desperate. Just the right amount of flirty and interested."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:03 pm
"Flirting? No, we were just... talking." She turned bright red "I mean.. I don't know. Should I text him? This has never happened to me before... I don't know what to do."

Those words felt odd coming out of her mouth. I don't know what to do. She wasn't used to not knowing what to do. She felt clammy and hot at the same time.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum