X-Men: Renewed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RegMon

Highmauve: Winter's Dorm Room - Page 2 Empty Re: Highmauve: Winter's Dorm Room

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:46 pm
Winter moved so that she was sitting next to her. "Oh yeah. You have to text him. Later. Like before dinner. He's cute. You gotta let him know that you're interested but not too interested. Get to know him a bit. Get coffee in like... Let's see... Three days." Winter was grinning. She was happy to share her knowledge of boys with Noelle who was so obviously lacking in the knowledge.
Cantaclarac
Admin
https://xmen-renewed.forumotion.com

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:11 pm
"Okay...Okay," Noelle nods, looking at Winter "Thank you."
RegMon

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:15 pm
Winter nodded. "No problem. It's gonna be great. You'll be great." She grabbed her plate and pulled it close to continue eating. "I'm so happy for you."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:16 pm
She nods silently and then blushes a deep red "Oh my god... I can't believe that happened...."
RegMon

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:59 pm
Winter grinned. "I can. You're cute and shy. Some guys really like that." She said solemnly. "If I'm not imposing, I'll totally help you get ready. You have to look your best."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:05 pm
Noelle shakes her head "I'm not cute. I'm a tall, gawky with no social skills... Yeah... You can help... Do you want to get something to eat?"

She still shakes a little. She feels so stupid.
RegMon

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:11 pm
"Oh come now, Noelle. You're cute in a shy, reserved way. It's adorable. And you have social skills. They're just blossoming." She patted her arm. "You're amazing."

She looked around the room. "I might just grab a slice of pizza what about you?"
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 pm
Biting her lip, she looks at the spread of food. "Probably just a salad for me..."
RegMon

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:58 pm
Winter nodded. "I'll meet you back here and we'll discuss this text that you're gonna send." She said before standing up.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:27 pm
Noelle nods and walks to the salad bar. She carefully fills the disposable plastic box with greens and various nuts and vegetables. She fills a small cup with dressing and goes to the cashier. She pays and sits down at their table. She's still red but she shakes less.
RegMon

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:02 pm
Winter walked up to the pizza counter and grinned as a fresh supreme pizza came out of the oven. She quickly grabbed two slices and a breadstick before grabbing a glass of juice and walking to the counter to pay. Once she met Noelle at their table, she grinned at how red she was and did note that she was shaking less.

"Noelle... You did great talking to him. You said hi and were able to introduce yourself. That's a step in the right direction."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:27 pm
"What if it's a joke?" She says quickly "Once, a boy asked me to a dance and then he filled my locker with frogs."

She isn't convinced that Evan really liked her. Why would she be? Nobody has ever paid attention to her positively. Except for her mother and sister. And Tobi. She looked at Winter "How can we be sure?"
RegMon

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:30 pm
Winter grinned at her. "Well, you can't be sure. But that's part of the fun. You won't know if you don't try. Plus, he doesn't seem to be the type." THen her eyes brightened. "Dude! Homecoming is coming up! You guys could possibly go to the dance!" She exclaimed. She was all for it. Probably even more excited that Noelle herself.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:33 pm
"Oh.. No... I don't do dances. I'm sorry." Noelle bit her lip. The fact was that she had only been to one before and the only times she was asked was as a joke. Her mother wanted her to go to Homecoming 'Just go with that Tobi kid you keep talking about.' but she always refused.

Dances were full of noise and people, the two things that Noelle hated the most.
RegMon

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:35 pm
Winter grinned. "Come on! It'll be fun. I'll be there, we can dress up like one of those balls in books and movies. I'll help you with your hair and make up! You'll look fantastic."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:40 pm
Noelle sighs "Winter, I'm not like you. I don't look good in dresses and makeup... It's just not something that I'm interested in."

She pinches the bridge of her nose thinks. Part of her wanted to take a chance on Evan and the dance, but they another part, the bigger part, was terrified. She wanted college to be a fresh start.
RegMon

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:44 pm
Winter waved a dismissive hand. "Oh Noelle. All girls look good in dresses. We just have to find the right one. And trust me. With me? You will find the right one. College is about new beginnings and taking chances. THis is the perfect opportunity. Nothing will happen. If something does, I will personally beat up the person who dares ruin your day."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Noelle smiles a little at the thought "Alright.... What should I say to him?"

She wrings her hands in her lap, squeezing and pulling her anxious energy out of her.
RegMon

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:53 pm
Winter smiled. "Obviously, you should say hi and say that you're Noelle and that you guys had spoke in the cafeteria. After that, you just let the conversation flow naturally. Tell him about your books and things you like to do. Your favorite colors and all that good stuff."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm
"I don't really want to talk about myself... I don't know..." She picks at her salad. The greens suddenly seem brown to her. She puts her fork down.

Just eat it. You haven't eaten all day. You need to eat. Eat. Just eat.

That dialogue kept running in her head until she finally speared the lettuce onto her fork and slowly brought it to her lips. She bites, chewing slowly.
RegMon

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 pm
"Then talk about him. Guys love talking about themselves. Look, I promise that talking to cute boys isn't as hard as the movies make it seem." She took a bite of her pizza. "Find out what he likes."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:08 pm
Noelle takes out her phone, looking at the time. Her eyes widen "Winter, I am so sorry, I have to get to class. I'm running late. I'm so sorry."

Standing up, she collects her food and fork, looking at Winter apologetically.
RegMon

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:17 pm
Winter waves her hand. "It ain't a big deal. Get to class, I have to be heading out too once I'm finished. Just let me know once you're ready to text him. I'll help you out if you want my help."
She said with a grin. "Have fun in class!"
HerpdaDerp

Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:38 pm
It had been a bit of a small struggle getting the smaller girl back through town and towards the dorms. The wind and the slight chill had done a good job of sobering her to a pleasant looseness rather than the bone deep buzz of earlier. Dark sky gives way to bright swathes of stars dimmed by the ambient street lights dotting their path. She’s got one arm under the girl’s arm and the other clasped tight around her waist pulling her up and along the path through the campus and towards the dorms. She knows the way, has walked it with Tobi plenty of times.

She’s also been to Winter’s dorm before, thank the good lord above. Girl was great, but she wasn’t trusting her to lead them anywhere right now.

Sunglasses that had so far been content to stay in her hair slide further and further down with each bounce and step until they rest against the bridge of her nose. “Aw, hell,” she mutters. It’s way too dark for the gold rimmed aviators. She’d found them with Tobi years ago in some thrift shop while they were looking for a new couch for her apartment. They’d left with those sunglasses, a lamp straight from a horror movie, but no couch.

“Hold up, girlie.” She pulls the both of them to a stop on the sidewalk. The hand around Winter’s waist comes away to adjust them back against her hairline. “Bet’er.” She grins, sharp and wide. Rough hands find their way back to the girl’s waist and she starts to lead the two of them again towards the dorms. She knows they’re close, and it's only a little bit longer until she's proven right. The large dorm building looms in front of them as they pass the large trees that bracket the path. It only takes a few more minutes before they’re through the door of the dorm and heading down the hallway towards Winter’s dorm room. The few students that are out this late either coming or going part for the two of them. Agnes is a force of presence on any day, and buzzed on a Thursday is no exception.

“’Aight, girlie, need you here.” She says as they reach Winter’s door. “Y’all got a key’a somethin’? Don’ wanna break another door.”
RegMon

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:43 pm
Winter was somewhat able to walk. The chill in the late autumn air did help sober her up but her coordination was not back yet. She was a bit less giggly. Her concern for Noelle helped sober her up. She appreciated her strong arms around her waist holding her up. She looked up at Agnes and then the stars above them as they walked. "It's perfect outside...." She murmured. Fortunately the street lights were enough to fend off her fear of the dark. The liquid courage helped too.

As Agnes's glasses fell onto her nose, she giggled. "It's too dark for that...' she murmured. She stopped and leaned against her as Agnes fixed herself. They soon resumed their course and Winter obliged.

As they entered her dorm, she smiled and started to fumble for her keys just right when Agnes prompted her for them. She grabbed them from her back pocket and pulled them out. She handled her key to Agnes. Her hand eye coordination still wasn't ready

She giggled. "I don't want to pay that fine. Here's the key.' once they made it inside, she shut the door behind her. Winter broke free of Agnes and settled herself onto her bed. She then smiled at Agnes lazily. "Despite everything that like, happened in the end, today was fun." She said with a giggle.

She looked at Agnes and patted the bed next to her. "Did you have a good birthday?" She grinned up at her. She was still clearly drunk but the walk home did help burn some of the alcohol in her system. "I still have to give you my present, hot stuff.'
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum