X-Men: Renewed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RegMon

Highmauve: Homecoming - Page 2 Empty Re: Highmauve: Homecoming

Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:11 pm
Winter grinned. "Brothers are weird like that. Sisters are always the better ones." She said with a wink. "As for that asshole..." She looked around and pointed at him. "He's the blonde who's groping the slut." She said. Evan was indeed groping a girl who was barely wearing a dress. "God, what an ass. I'm gonna beat him up later with my hockey stick."

When Agnes mentioned sending her the pictures, she took out her phone and unlocked it. She handed it to her. "Put your number in and I'll send them to you."
HerpdaDerp

Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:55 pm
Tobi freezes as her lips meet his, his eyes widening in surprise. His poor heart starts to pound hard against his ribcage. Their dancing fades, slows into the soft sway that the other couples seem so fond of, then fades entirely. He's still processing what's happening, running the moment through his head over and over until he comes to a final conclusion.

Yes, this is happening. Yes, this is real. 'Kiss back, you dipshit.' he thinks, then follows through.

His eyes flutter closed and he falls into the kiss, falls into the moment. She's the only thing in his vision, the only thing on his mind; everything else seems to fade away and leave only the two of them in the one space. The music seems far away, the dancers seem nonexistent, the dance seems to stall around them as he folds her into his own space.

The hand on her back moves over towards her hip and folds around it, holding on like he still can’t quite believe she’s here and he needs reassurance she’s real. His other hand uncurls from her hand and comes to cup her jaw with what almost looks like reverence, drawing her closer to him as she kisses with more confidence, melting when he feels her smile into the kiss. He’s drowning, but in an oh so wonderful way.

She feels like coming home, feels like a cool night and a warm blanket. She feels like every quilt he’s ever made, feels like the last cup of coffee in the day. She’s warm like the sunrise, sweet in a way that he could enjoy. Her lips move against his and for once in his life, there’s nothing else to feel but her.

-------------------------------

Agnes laughs and follows Winter's finger towards Evan. She wrinkles her nose in distaste at the sight. "I see what you mean. Might borrow that stick m'self, get a good few wacks in."

She takes the offered phone, finds the contacts, and taps her name in before handing it back. She couldn't wait to get the pictures, and she wouldn't mind keeping in touch with Winter too.

Her head shifts back to Tobi and her eyes widen. She smacks Winter's shoulder, motioning towards the floor. "Oh shit," she grins.

'finally,' she thinks with satisfaction.
Cantaclarac
Admin
https://xmen-renewed.forumotion.com

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:18 pm
Noelle sighs into the kiss, her arms now around Tobi's neck. Her hands snake up into his hair, running her fingers through his dense halo. He was an amazing kisser. His gentle hand on her jaw made her shiver. The arm that's now wrapped around her hip brings her in even closer. She melts into him, a popsicle on a hot day was akin to her exact feeling. She was so warm and safe. This kiss, this magical moment had completely replaced the one with Evan that had caused them both so much pain. Noelle wanted to stay in that moment, but she knew that it wouldn't last forever. But hopefully, with this first kiss, there would be many more to come.

After an appropriate amount of time, she reluctantly pulled away, but placed her forehead on his own, whispering "I've been waiting to do that all night..."

She had a simple smile, as this was a simple pleasure that she had finally indulged herself in. Tobi had been everything for her. And now, he was so much more.

When the song faded, Evan placed a kiss on the redhead's neck. He grinned impishly, his eyes faded with the classic signs of a young freshman who had drunk a little too much. The girl gives him a sultry smile. He was going to have to text her later. As useful as Noelle was, she didn't put out.

Evan stepped away from the dance floor, taking out his small metal flask from the inside pocket of his jacket. He took a swig. Damn. Almost empty. He was going to have to refill soon.

Well, until then, he was going to find Noelle. She better not have been with that overgrown freak that she was always hanging around. Evan caught the stares and expressions between the two. Noelle was the only thing that was keeping him at a passing level, and if he lost her, he could kiss college life goodbye.

To be fair, there were other things he liked about her. She was hot. He couldn't deny that. But she was so weird and quiet, it had been so easy to get her to do what he needed to do. Ugh, where was she?

He stumbled around, looking. Then, he saw Winter, who was giggling with a girl that looked exactly like- oh shit.

Evan saw it. He saw everything. He felt the familiar boil of rage in his stomach, but hung back and faded back into the crowd, out of sight. He wasn't going to barge into this. He was going to get Noelle, and get out.
RegMon

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:29 pm
Winter smirked. "I know where his dorm room is at. Maybe after the dance." She placed her hands on her hips and quickly looked at Tobi and Noelle as they kissed. She gasped. "Oh my goodness! Yes!" She grabbed Agnes's arm and squeezed. "This is amazing!"

She was so excited for her two friends. Then she immediately after thought of Evan. "Oh shit. We have to keep him away. Evan can't know that this is going on. He's the type who would freak out and do something stupid."
HerpdaDerp

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:48 pm
Tobi breathes out a shaky sigh as she breaks the kiss. He's overwhelmed but delighted, and he chokes on a laugh as she leans her forehead against his. He listens to her whisper. The words are crystal clear with the almost non existent distance between them, and what she says causes the warm in his chest to bloom wild and bright.

He leans in for a quick peck on the lips. He's can't help it, his happiness is spilling over. He can't contain it.

"You're killin' me, darlin'." the words come out soft and fond. "You 'n your words."

---------------------------

Agnes is glad someone else shares her enthusiasm for the moment. She's beaming, happy for her twin and glad the both of them have finally figured it out. She watches them both with a fondness in her eyes, knew there had been something special between them the first time Tobi had called her this year.

The sudden worry in Winter's voice has her looking away and towards the smaller woman. She listens, eyes narrowing at the thought of something ruining her brother's night.

She brings her arms up, cracks her knuckles at the thought. Her arms flex with the motion, showing of her impressively built figure. Even in the dark, her eyes gleam dangerously.

"Well, guess we better make sure he ain't do nothin' stupid." she growls behind a smile.
RegMon

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:59 pm
Winter watched as Agnes stretched her arms and cracked her knuckles. Damn.... She looked impressive... She nodded all the same. "We gotta find him. Now."

She looked around. Damn it. Why was she so short?! "we should split up."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:08 pm
She's delighted by the peck. She also could relate to that desire. It was taking everything to not grab his hand and whisk him away somewhere more private so they could talk and kiss and anything in between. She laughs, leaning back to look at his entire face. Each skin crinkle, each motion. "Is it really my words that are undoing you?"

With Tobi at her side, she could do anything. The world could fall apart, but she would be standing hand in hand with the man. She was invincible and incredible, just like him. She felt like a bird whose cage had just been opened. She twittered and fluttered, her heart taking wing. And now, she didn't feel ashamed when she saw him and how utterly adorable he was. Gah, this was shaking out to be the best night ever.

There was something she needed to do.

As soon as Noelle thought that, Evan appeared from the crowd. He'd clean up, his hair back in order, his clothes as well. The only clue to the drinking was his breath and his eyes. Noelle saw him and had an inclination to laugh. Compared to Tobi, this boy looked washed out. Average. Ordinary. Things she had once desired for reasons that were tied to self-loathing and fear. She had convinced herself that if she was with someone normal, she would be in turn. Taking a deep breath, Noelle steps away from Tobi, turning to meet Evan's eyes. He didn't look like he saw anything, but Noelle was wary.

"Evan. I need to talk to you." Noelle said, boldly. Her shoulders were back, and he looked puny compared to her. "It won't be long."

Evan blinked and nodded "Of course... Let's go get some air?"

Noelle nods, but turns back to Tobi and hugs him. While she enjoyed the hug, she whispered "I'm going to take care of this, okay? It's over between Evan and me. I'll be back in a couple minutes, okay?" She says this very soft, but confidently. But she didn't step away yet. She wanted to make sure Tobi was okay with this decision. She knew that he would be nearby- if there was anything that happened, she could rely on him to help her get out. But Noelle didn't doubt that she could handle him herself.
HerpdaDerp

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:28 pm
Tobi hugs her back, solid and warm. She whispers to him, and he thinks about the question. He's unsure about leaving her alone, but he trusts her to take care of herself. He'd be nearby at least if she needed help, and she did have her phone and his number. The whole thing sits weird with him, but she looks confidant and sure of herself. There's no trace of fear in her eyes.

He looked over at Evan. He could have seen from a mile away that the boy had been drinking the whole night, could smell alcohol on him. Something fruity but strong, small kid couldn't handle his liquor at all. He looked back at Noelle, the woman he had just kissed, that made his night and his life so much brighter, strong and beautiful.

"Alright." he nods. "But if you ain't back in ten minutes, I'm sendin' a search party." He nods over at Agnes and Winter standing by the snack bar, Winter struggling to look over the heads of the dancers and Agnes cracking her knuckles and scanning the room.

"Be safe." he finishes as they break the hug.

----------------------------

Agnes nods at Winter. "I'll take this side," she points toward the right side of the cafeteria." She had lost track of her brother and Noelle once the slow song ended and the dance floor filled back up.

"Text me if you find him." she calls back to Winter as she walks away into the crowd.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:56 pm
Noelle nods and places a hand on his cheek, gently. Smiling, the message was clear 'Thank You'. With that, she turned to Evan, who watched them with an eerily calm expression.

Let's get this over with.

"Come on, Evan." She leads him through the crowd and out the door of the cafeteria. The evening air was dry and cool, and a couple leaves dance in the wind, and the moon above was blinding. The stars would be too if the street lamps were out. They were the only ones outside. She had a confidence in her- she knew what she needed to do. Her eyes were kind, and she gave a small, bittersweet smile. She slowly sat down on the steps of the cafeteria.

"Evan... I can't, in good conscious, let... this continue." She pointed in between the two of them. Evan looked at her, his face lax as he swayed a little in the night. Noelle took a deep breath "Listen, you can be a really sweet guy but... I just don't see how this can work..."

Evan stares at her and is about to speak, but Noelle puts up a finger "I don't want this to be messy. I appreciate everything that you've done for me and this experience has taught me a lot about myself. But, it's over. I think that's the best for me and-"

Evan breaks her off with a kiss. It's a disgusting, one-sided kiss. He pries her mouth open with his tongue and quests downward. While one arm holds her firmly, his other hands start to go lower than she would have ever allowed. She is in shock, but as soon as his hands started to go up her dress she raises a hand and slaps him. Hard. She pulls herself off of him, standing up quickly. "Get off of me-"

"Oh shu' up, slut." Evan slurrs, grabbing her arm. He had a wicked smile, his eyes glassy. Noelle struggles agains his arm, trying to wriggle away. "I saw you. With him. Talkin'. Dancin'. Kissin'. You never had tha' with me. Instead, you shack up with that freak." He spits the word at her, as she tries to punch his arm away. He grabs her wrist and pushes her against the wall. "You know wha' people say abou' him? An' you? An' all of the rest of the freaks on campus? You don' belong here. You stole the spots of har' workin' folks. I though' I'd give ya chance. You were cute. Bu' now I see. Freaks stay with Freaks." Noelle tried to kick him, but he turned her around, her face now against the wall. One hand holds her wrists above her.

Noelle screamed, trying to wriggle away, but was unable. She was so stupid. so unbelievably, unequivocally stupid. She knew he had been drinking, she knew he had anger issues and now... She didn't want to think about what was going to happen if no one would come out. She prayed to whatever god, deity, and power she could think of to get someone out here. To have Tobi be watching from a nearby window. To have someone hear her scream.
HerpdaDerp

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:40 pm
Tobi watches her leave with Evan out the doors of the cafeteria, happiness and worry battling uncomfortably in his gut for dominance. He trusted her, he really did, but he also didn’t know Evan or what he was capable of. Looking to vent a little of his unease, he walks through the crowd towards the snack table where he’d last seen Agnes. There were so many more people on the floor, so many more people had shown up later, all jostling against each other, laughing and shouting. When he gets up to the snack table and doesn’t see Agnes, he grabs a couple slices of fruit and makes his way towards a vacant corner of the wall.

He leans against the wall, eating the fruit and checking his phone. Nothing from anyone. He guessed that was good? Means no one was in trouble at least. He can’t stop the uncomfortable rolling in his stomach nor the anxious itch under his skin though. He peeks at the time, sends a text to Agnes asking where she went, checks the time again.

Now he knows he’s fretting.

He sends one more look at the phone’s clock before he slides it back into his pocket and sinks against the wall. It’s been about six minutes, a little more than half the deadline he gave her. He wants to give her space and privacy while she breaks up with Evan, but he can’t remember the last time he’s been this unnerved. He trusts her, but he also trusts his gut.

He closes his eyes and falls into the world around him.

It’s overwhelming with the mass of people and the pounding bass, the dark and the sudden bright lights of the lighting system they’d rented. He’s caught in it for a moment, blinded, before expanding his reach to beyond the cafeteria walls and out the door where he saw her leave. He searches for a minute before he sees her, sees what Evan is doing to her, hears her scream in crystal clarity, echoing in his mind, and something in him snaps.

Every festering ounce of anger he’s swallowed, every angry clench of his fists whenever he’s seen Evan, every ounce of love and adoration he feels towards Noelle, and the guilt he feels towards himself for being so stupid as to let her go alone with him coalesces within him. He can feel the pressure in the atmosphere rise, feel the wind outside pick up to an almost tempest pace, hear rain begin to pound hard against the windows of the cafeteria. The earth trembles in time with his footsteps as he runs towards the doors of the cafeteria, unfocused gaze narrowed in anger and worry.

The crowd around him parts as he runs. Absently, he notices Winter and Agnes in it, but he doesn’t stop, can’t stop. He slams open the double doors with a loud slam that’s drowned out by the roar of thunder above him. Lightning flickers bright in the sky, lighting his face in black and white contrast as he looks down at Evan and Noelle against the wall of the building.

“I would highly advise,” Tobi growls from above with a wild stare as the wind whips through his hair and rain soaks through his suit, “You let go’a her.”
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:56 pm
Tobi catches them at just the right moment.

Evan had lifted her skirt, and Noelle was pleading for him to stop between sobs. The tiredness from the past couple of weeks as well as her unwillingness to eat had made her weak against the boy. No matter how hard she struggled, Evan was always one step ahead. Until the weather started. Noelle knew what it was right away, and gave a silent thank you to whatever force had alerted him. As soon as the rain came, it landed in Evan's eyes, which gave Noelle a chance to wriggle a hand out of his grasp. She scratches his arm, using her own free hand to throw punches and try to desperately flip her around. When the ground trembles, it caught him off balance, which gave Noelle all of the leverage she needed to flip herself around wildly. She punches him square in the nose, but it doesn't faze him. Evan grabs her hair and is about to toss her aside.

But when Tobi comes out, Evan's charisma shrinks. Noelle revels in this, but shock was taking over. The world almost went soundless and numb. Tobi was saying something. Noelle saw the world bending to him. She felt a twinge of fear.

Evan scoffs, tossing Noelle aside. He slowly turns to Tobi, powering up his charisma "Usin' your freak powers don't scare me. You coul' get e'spelled for this."

It was evident to Evan that Tobi wasn't going to leave. So he did what seemed rational to him. He punches him in the nose.

Now, to Evan's credit, he had played sports throughout his high school career. In fact, he was on the rugby team at Highmauve. While he had a lean frame, he can pack a punch. That being said, he was no match for Tobi.
RegMon

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:26 pm
Winter nodded towards Agnes and took off in the other direction, desperately trying to find Evan. She say the girl he had been dancing with earlier and he wasn't there. She gritted her teeth. It would do her no good to talk to her. Evan wasn't the type to let anyone know where he was going. She started walking along the edge of the dance floor when suddenly, she felt the urge to step to the side. So she did and Tobi blew right past her. As soon as he walked by, she gained control of her body.

Tobi was alone.... And heading somewhere fast... She blinked. "Oh no...." She pulled out her phone and quickly texted Agnes. "Tobias is heading towards the cafeteria doors. He's alone but he looks pissed." She sent it and immediately chased after him as best she could in her heels. She had no idea where Noelle was. God, she hoped she was okay.

She pushed open the door only a minute after Tobi. She stood outside and panted as she took in the scene. Tobi and Evan were squaring off and Noelle was on the ground. Winter immediately rushed towards Noelle and helped her up. "You okay?" She asked quickly, still keeping an eye on the boys. She hoped that it wouldn't get too bad. They all could get into big trouble.
HerpdaDerp

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:28 pm
People tend to not realize what Tobi used to do before he came to college, just what his life had entailed before he traded his tools for books, his knives for pen and paper. Tobi and his family had lived off the land his entire life. He had fond memories of hauling whole elk and deer back to his family’s house with his dad, one on each of their shoulders as they climbed back up the hillside they had come down from. He could remember pulling rocks out of his Ma’s garden, logging trees, and moving earth every day of his life for twenty-two years.

The punch connects solidly, and Tobi takes one step back. The crunch of his broken nose is barely heard over the roar of the rain.

Evan would soon learn though after a brief moment of triumph that he hadn’t knocked the massive man back, but rather that Tobi had done it on purpose. He pulled his own fist back, using the planted foot as leverage as he threw every ounce of muscle he had earned in his life into a punch aimed for Evan’s face.

His knuckles connected with the soft tissue of Evan’s nose, this time the crunch very audible as the force of the punch lifted Evan off the ground and the follow through put him on his back against the concrete pavement. Evan gasps as the wind is knocked right out of him; Tobi swears he sees a few teeth clatter to the ground.

“Ain’t need no ‘freak powers’ t’do that.” Tobi wipes underneath his nose and spits blood out of his mouth.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:38 pm
Evan gives a soft groan, holding his nose. At a snail's pace, he begins to rise again. The pounding in his jaw and nose was agonizing but he wasn't going to be a little bitch and back down or pass out on the first punch. To Evan, standing up was a moment of triumph.

In reality, he looked like a drunk toddler, using his hands to push himself up. He squares up for another punch, not before spitting out another tooth. He then spits blood towards Tobi, as he wobbles on his feet. Someone could tap the boy and he would fall over. He was tenacious. He raises his fist again.

Noelle held onto Winter limply. She was cold and clammy, and she watched Tobi and Evan square up. The look in Tobi's eyes was dangerous. When Evan throws his punch, Noelle didn't even wince. She knew that the burly forest man was going to take it. But when Tobi punched Evan, she looked away. She felt sick. Thoughts were swirling in her head.

Your Fault.
You did this to yourself.

Tears stung her eyes. Her breath started to become rapid.
RegMon

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:51 pm
Winter did not like the look in Tobi's eyes as she held onto Noelle. She felt Noelle's chest expand and deflate rapidly. She looked at the poor girl. "Noelle. We should head inside. Let them handle this. Agnes should be coming here soon too." She started to try and walk Noelle back to the door. She figured it would be best to get her away so she could breathe... Plus, ran and dresses don't mix.

She looked at the boys once more. She was scared. Tobi was most certainly going to beat Evan to death, not that he didn't deserve it.... But she would perfer if no one got kicked out of Highmauve over this.
HerpdaDerp

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:21 pm
Tobi watched Evan get to his feet, coughing and trying to catch his breath the whole while. His own eyes were still unfocused and narrowed in a glare, the rain still pounding in thick sheets that were soaking through his suit jacket. Lighting crashes through the sky, a brief scar against the clouds that illuminates the blood dripping from Tobi's own nose.

He'd put Evan on the ground one way or another. If the kid wanted to fight, so be it. He steps forward, intending to knock the kid flat out, when the doors slam open once more.

Agnes is there at his side in a sharp instant, grabbing his fist and pulling it down. She follows through, pushing Tobi to the ground hard and pinning him there with a knee on his back and a hand forcing his head to the ground. Tobi struggles and the world struggles with him: the wind thrashes wild through the trees, the earth heaves, thunder rumbles and shakes the buildings. Evan is knocked to his ass in the chaos.

Throughout this, Agnes remains steady on top of him, holding him down; her arms start to cover in a thin layer of fur, the very start of antlers poke through her hairline, and her pupils flatten into the horizontal lines seen in deer the more he struggles against her.

"Calm down." She says to him, growling the words through her teeth as the earth shifts underneath her. "She's safe, calm down." She flips his head under her hand and motions towards Noelle and Winter in front of the doors. "Righ' there, see?"

Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:34 pm
The wind catches Evan by surprise, knocking him down. On the impact, he hits his head and is out cold, now lying limply on his side. His mouth and nose are bleeding profusely, gushing blood onto the pavement.

When Winter tries to pull Noelle away, she shakes her off "No!" Her voice is shaking, tears still streaming down her face. She sees Tobi underneath Agnes and saw the consequence. The gentle giant that she had kissed earlier had been worked up into something extremely dangerous. She tasted bile but swallowed it back.

Then she sees Agnes flip her head their way, and she understands. She wrenches her arm out of Winter's clutch and ran over to Tobi. The rain had soaked her to the bone- her hair was stringy, and her makeup was running down her cheeks. The wind resists her, but she pushes through until she is at Tobi's side.

How could she help?

She did what her instincts told her and placed her trembling hand into his own. She was still breathing rapidly. She tried to collect her sobs, but a few escaped her lips. In between sobs, she starts to affirm Agnes' statements, as she shouts over the wind "I'm right here. I'm right here, and I'm safe now." The words are sloppy, as they are choked out and lost in the wind, but she knew he could hear her.

A couple people were looking out of the windows now. And then there are a couple more. Eventually, every student has their eyes on them.
RegMon

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:46 pm
Winter held Noelle tightly so they stayed out of the way of the fight. The rain was only coming down faster. Where did this come from? Was this really all Tobi? Suddenly, just as Tobi looked like he was about to lunge, Agnes came launching towards them and immediately pinned Tobias onto his stomach. Winter only blinked and it was all over. Alright.... Agnes was a total badass. Nice ... Even more than that, she was a mutant like them. Her skin shifted to fur as she grew.... Antlers? Weird. But awesome at the same time!

She stumbled a bit as the ground shook. They were going to catch a lot of attention from this. Not good. As Noelle, yanked free from her grip, Winter let her go. The immediate danger of Evan was gone. It was just Tobi not controlling his powers... She glanced at the windows. Not good. People were staring. She didn't mind the attention... But to onlookers, it might look like that four mutants just beat up a regular kid.

"guys... We need to leave. Now." She moved over to Evan to check up on him. "Oh shit... He's bleeding... Bad. He's an asshole but.." she pulled out her phone and called 911. Evan needed to go to the hospital. She looked at Noelle, Agnes, and Tobi. "You all need to go now. We're gonna get in trouble. There's no way people are going to believe us over this asshat."
HerpdaDerp

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:52 am
There’s a hand in his. His eyes flick up to her, his gaze landing just a touch off center of where she actually is. Her lips are moving and while he can’t actually hear her, he knows. The words echo in his brain as they bounce off the raindrops and get caught in the wind, lost to the everyone but himself. He’s relieved to see her unhurt and breathes out a shaky breath. His fingers curl around hers.

He knows how bad he’s fucked up, knows that this might be the end of his college career, of his dream to help people. Knows that after that display, students and administration might have a hell of a reason to fear him, to distrust him. He sees just a glimmer of fear in Noelle’s own eyes and his heart sinks. ‘Nice while it lasted,’ he thinks with a bittersweet half smile.  

Tears well heavy at the corners of his eyes, hidden by the pounding rain. Guess in the long run, Evan really did win.

He can feel the pain blossom bright behind his eyes, nausea well in his throat as he comes down from the adrenaline high. It’s so much, his nerves are raw, and he knows immediately that he’s not going to be awake much longer.

“Glad you’re safe.” he manages to Noelle before his eyes roll slowly back and he relaxes onto the ground underneath Agnes. As he loses consciousness, the world around them stills. The clouds clear to expose the brilliant night sky and the stars that sparkle against it and the wind fades to barely a whisper. The earth below them no longer trembles, and the only evidence of what had happened are the large puddles of rainwater and Evan on the ground. Agnes lets up on her hold and moves to crouch next to him instead. Her fingers come up to thread through his hair.

‘Aw, Tobi.’ She thinks softly, closes her eyes. She works out a tangle in his soaked hair. Winter’s warning them, telling them to leave. She knows, she thinks as she sits by her brother; her gentle, protective twin brother. The same one who would sit patiently with their mother for hours, learning how to quilt. The one who would move toads out of the garden as he tilled it, the one who protected her, provided for them, who did his best to always keep their family safe. She knows.

She tugs her brother up and onto her back where he settles, body heavy and entirely limp. His slack hand falls from Noelle’s as she lifts him. “I’m taking him.” She says in a tone and with a look that invites no argument. Tobi’s head lolls against her shoulder as she turns to leave.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:45 am
Noelle stayed beside him as he focused and came back. Her heart thudded; fear, anguish, and self-loathing overcame her like a wave.

Your fault.

When Tobi's hand curled around her own, she almost started crying again. This man had saved her life. Out of everything that Tobi was for her, this was at the top of her list. His eyes almost focus on her own, but he seemed so far away. She stared at him with such intensity, such wanting, and she stayed by his side until everything had calmed. Noelle squeezed his hand so tightly into her own, bringing the palm to her lips, kissing it gently.

When he spoke, she was almost undone. He had done this because of her. He risked everything because of Noelle. And he was going to have to suffer the consequences. The gravity of the situation sat in her stomach like a lead weight. She stayed next to him when he passes out due to the intensity of the world around them.

She almost vomits. How could a night that was so, undeniably right turn into this? She remembered the feeling of seeing him for the first time at orientation, to their many walks, to their mutant history class, to him falling asleep in the park. Her mind burned when she remembered their conversation in the library, and when she had come over and spent the night. She should have kissed him then. Broke up with Evan, and just stayed with Tobi. She felt so much regret.

Yet, she also remembered seeing him tonight and how her heart had leaped out of her chest for him. How desperately she was looking for him all night, and their dance. Oh, their dance. Noelle was used to seeing magic. She had read about it all of her life. But the moment she kissed Tobi was the rawest and most magical thing she had ever experienced. But that felt so far away right now.'

Icy numbness started from her chest and continued down into her fingers. When Agnes stands up, Tobi on her back, Noelle knew there was a choice. Logically, she needed to stay here and explain everything that happened. Winter hadn't seen what Evan was going to do. No one had. She needed to stay and explain. But she also knew that there was no way that she was going to stay there. Her tether with Tobi was faint now, but she needed to be with him. Of course, the words came up thick and clumsy:

"I need.... I want to... I-I can't stay." Her voice is trembling, as is her whole body, but she reaches out to Agnes, hoping to catch her before she left. They didn't have a lot of time.
RegMon

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:25 am
Winter watched as Tobi finally came out of whatever was keeping him conscious before watching him vomit and finally pass out. She chewed on her lip. God, this was a mess. She watched as Agnes carried Tobi away. She sighed as she rubbed her face. The operator finally picked up and she quickly explained the situation as she knew it. She knew that Evan was trying something with Noelle. But she didn't know what. She left out the fact that they were mutants. That wouldn't be good at all to mention.

As soon as she was done, she hung up. She then looked up in time to see Noelle reach up after the twins. She stood up and grabbed her hand. "We gotta go. I'm sorry Noelle. Typically, I'd be all for telling on that bastard but after all this... You can't. Not now." She tried to pull her to a standing position. "Noelle.... Come on."
HerpdaDerp

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:56 am
Agnes can feel the girl behind her trying to say something. She turns, jostling Tobi with the movement but he doesn't notice, won't notice anything for at least a few days. His eyes are closed and his face looks almost peaceful, like he'd just fallen asleep rather than lost consciousness. Blood drips from his nose onto Agnes's bare shoulder, drawing red rivulets that drain into the top edge of her dress. His knuckles on the one hand are torn from the punch, pinpricks of blood beading on his hand underneath the tailored edge of his suit sleeves.

Agnes herself is exhausted. She hadn't started this night with the intent to knock her brother flat on the ground, to restrain him as he burned to fight another boy. She hated seeing him worked up and in pain, so far from the soft, subtle expressions he wore most of his life. And she's scared. Not scared of him, never of him, but scared for him. She knows what this school meant for him and what he was planning to do after with that degree. He was the one of their family who had tried the hardest to live with other people, to make them see him as an equal, had given them a chance where their parents never did. He had worked his ass off playing by their rules, living in spaces too small for him, studying nights, volunteering and working days.

'Maybe our parents had the righ' idea', she wonders silently. She can feel Tobi's ragged breaths against her neck.

She waits patiently for Noelle to say what she wants to say. Her own eyes are half lidded with exhaustion.

"Yeah, string bean?" she sighs.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:05 pm
"Can I... Is it okay... I want to come with you." Her stuttering is as bad as it was on the first day of orientation. "I.. I can't stay... I'm so sorry."

Her whole body is shaking now. She looks like a combination of a drowned rat and Carrie on her prom night. Her eyes are wide and wild, her hair limp and stringy, and her dress lay completely flat against her body. She knew she looked pathetic. She felt pathetic. The exhaustion and the general weakness is present still, but she pushed that away. But she wasn't going to stay here and answer questions. That could wait. She needs to be with them. With him. After all that they had been through tonight, she owed him that much.

She removes her hand from Winter's. She's standing independently.
RegMon

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:22 pm
Winter glanced at the cafeteria doors. More and more people were gathering. In the distance, faint sirens could be heard. She punched the bridge of her nose once Noelle pulled her hand free. This was insane. This whole thing was crazy. Seems like it was just her and Agnes who sorta have it all together.

"Look. Guys. Whatever we're doing, we gotta go now. Noelle. Just follow them. I'll stay here and explain what went down even if I don't know the whole story. Just go."
HerpdaDerp

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:25 pm
Agnes takes in Noelle's appearance and shaky speech. The park ranger in her wanted the girl to stay with Winter and cooperate with local authorities, wanted her to get her statement taken and story told as soon as possible. She wanted to get Tobi back to his room and in something dry. She wanted something to eat,  wanted to drink every drop of the moonshine in her bag, wanted to sleep this night off and away. Ages wanted their parents. She wanted the strong surety of their Pa, the fierce compassion of their Ma, wanted the two of them to solve all their problems like they had when they were kids.

She knows she going to get very little of it, and has a feeling that Noelle's going to follow whether she tells her to or not. She nods her head and turns towards the dorms.

"Come on then."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum