X-Men: Renewed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cantaclarac
Admin
https://xmen-renewed.forumotion.com

Highmauve: The Quad - Page 7 Empty Re: Highmauve: The Quad

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:15 pm
"Oh, no... They aren't that good."

This was an honest statement. Noelle didn't really think that she was a great writer. She found her own style clunky, over-descriptive, and a little dull. Her sister seemed to like it, as did her mother, but they had to since they were family. And she hasn't shared her actual works with anyone.
RegMon

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:18 pm
"Oh come now. Don't be so modest. I'm sure you're amazing. Even if it isn't perfect. You're still learning. That's why you need more people to read your stuff! So they can give you feedback." Winter looked at her with wide expectant eyes. She was determined to read her friend's writing.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:27 pm
"No. Not yet, I have to work on it." She chews her lip, not meeting her eyes. She didn't really want anyone to read her stuff yet. It made her feel really self-conscious about her work to even think about it. There was always something she could fix.
RegMon

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:30 pm
Winter smiled. "Come on... I'm sure you've written some things that you are proud of." She tried to meet Noelle's gaze. She had complete confidence in her writing abilities. She was sure that she was already an amazing writer. "You can't be bad if this is something that you are passionate about."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:46 pm
"No... I have to work on it still."

She shivers in the cold. Noelle really didn't want to talk about it, so she changed the subject.

"What are you working on?"
RegMon

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:49 pm
Winter sighed dramatically when Noelle changed the subject. "Fine. But I'll read your stuff eventually. I'm determined you know." She said and left it at that.

"but I'm working on homework for my intro to business class. It's easy but time consuming. Very time consuming. I'm grateful for any type of distraction." She said. She cocked her head when she saw Noelle shivering. "You want to head inside? I always forget that most people don't come from colder climates."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:56 pm
"No, no it's fine. Do you need help?" She had already read through this textbook with... him.

The hours she had wasted on learning the material for every one of his business classes. She almost bristles at the thought. At least with Winter, she could use the knowledge that was useless to her to help.
RegMon

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:06 pm
Winter waved a hand dismissively. "Listen, you don't have to help me with my homework. I'm sure you got your own to worry about." She smiled at her. "I can take care of this myself. It's just finding the answers in the reading. That's easy enough. But thank you for the offer. I really do appreciate it. And besides, I wouldn't really learn the material if I didn't do all the work myself."

She closed her textbook and stuffed all of her papers into a folder. "Come on. We can head inside. The wind is picking up a bit."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:12 pm
"Okay."

She follows silently, thinking over what Winter had said. She appreciated her words. While Noelle had finished her own work, she appreciated the fact that the other girl admitted to needing to learn the material.
RegMon

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Winter glanced up at Noelle as they walked back to the dorms. Noelle was quiet... which... wasn't unusual but she seemed introspective at the moment. She decided to decide why later. Winter led the way up to her dorm and unlocked the door. She set her stuff down on her desk and sat down in her chair. She smiled at Noelle.

"You can sit and chill for a bit if you'd like." She said with a smile.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:23 pm
"Oh. Okay." She sits down at the chair at the desk "Thank you."

She is unsure of what to say or what to talk about. She chews her lip, looking around the room.
RegMon

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:27 pm
"No prob. Anything for a friend, Noelle." She said with a smile. Winter's room was still fell under the title of organized choas. It looked a mess but everything had its place. Winter had even added a few more pictures on the walls. Many were of her and her family and the rest were of herself with her hockey teammates.

Winter picked up a chocolate chip cookie from a box and started munching on it. She paused and offered another one to Noelle "Want a cookie? My mom baked it and sent to here." She said with a smile.
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:42 pm
"Oh... Uh, no thank you."

She sat in silence, looking around the room silently. After a moment, she looks down. She sneezes, rubbing her nose.
RegMon

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:45 pm
Winter shrugged and returned the cookie to its box. She looked back down at her homework when she heard Noelle sneeze. "Oh! Bless you!" She grabbed a tissue box and offered Noelle a tissue. "I guess it was a bit too cold out there for you. You should have spoken up sooner."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:02 pm
"Sorry..." She takes a tissue and blows her nose "It's okay. I don't mind the cold when I'm wearing warm enough clothes. I bet you're used to it."
RegMon

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:04 pm
Winter nodded. "Yeah. I'm way used to it. I used to play hockey outside in the middle of winter. Then my mom would yell at me cause she was scared I was gonna get frost bite." She chuckled. "Never got it once."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:08 pm
"In Maine, we've got nasty winters- the storms are brutal." She shrugs "And I feel like mom's worry about frostbite too much. My mom would warn both me and my sister about it."
RegMon

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:11 pm
Winter grinned. "It must be a mom thing then. Winter storms were the best though. I always though they were fun to watch. Just the sheer power of mother nature and the beauty of the snow..." She smiled a bit softer now. "I always liked the winter time best. And not just because my name is Winter."
Cantaclarac
Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:14 pm
Noelle gives a very quiet chuckle "The no'easters are the worst. I'm from Portland, and they get so nasty. But I enjoy winter for what it is."
RegMon

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:16 pm
Winter smiled. "Really? Well, maybe I'll go to Maine over the winter to experience the storms myself. I can't wait to see what they're like here. Probably nothing compared to what we know."
RegMon

Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:18 pm
October 25, 2008

7:30 pm

Winter sat under the tree, waiting for Agnes. She wasn't sure if Agnes got her text or even if she would come after all of the hell Joy went through earlier. She looked at her phone, wondering if she should text her. Probably not. That would make her seem desperate. And she wasn't desperate. She wasn't that type of girl. All the same.... She was nervous. This was different than fooling around with Sienna. Sienna was just casual. But Agnes.... She was so different than the punk goth Sienna.

Winter sighed and leaned her head back against the tree bark. She managed to chase her family out after dinner. The original plan was for them to stay longer but Winter decided that they just go home a part early to catch their flight back. They would have just been targets for even associating with a mutant. God, it was all so messed up. Maybe Agnes wouldn't come. She had exposed herself as a mutant once more so she probably wouldn't even come.

She stood up and brushed off her pants. It was getting dark. She didn't like it dark. She was about to activate her powers... But thought better of it.
HerpdaDerp

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:47 pm
Agnes and her family had all headed back to Tobi's dorm to clean up and change into something a little less grass and dirt covered. They'd all taken turns in the shower, stealing Tobi's towels to dry off. Agnes was near last to go, right before her brother. Getting back, she slid out of the top Noelle's mother had made them. It was so thoughtful, she thought as she rubbed her fingers against the soft fabric. Shame the day had gone the way it did.

A whistle from her Pa had her hold her hand up. A second later, her phone was tossed to her. She thanked her Pa and swiped the screen open, smiling slightly when she saw she had new texts from Winter. A finger tap on the screen pulled them up, and a swipe more dismissed them so she could look at the time. Not too late then, but not a whole lot of time.

She shrugged on the tank top she had worn here. It was an old, threadbare thing that she had ripped down the sides after a stray tree branch tore one side open. Didn't even bother with shoes as she slipped out the door.

"I'll meet y'all there. Tobi knows t'way." She said to her parents as she walked out the door. They waved to her, her poor Pa still having to stoop to fit into the room.

Her feet beat an easy cadence down the stairs and out the door down towards the quad. It's gotten dark, she thinks. Never bothered her or her family much, more peaceful than anything else. She knows the way to where Winter had described.

It's a giant, old oak tree, sturdy and massive. She can see the spot Tobi likes to settle himself to sleep and study. Can even see a book he left up there from last time he was up there. She laughs to herself. What she really interested in though is standing under the tree, looking around presumably for her.

Agnes is damn near silent barefoot, and she knows this. Doesn't want to scare the girl though. When she gets close enough, she raises her hand in a wave.

"Yo." She greets with a toothy grin.

Sent from Topic'it App
RegMon

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:43 pm
Winter sighed. She guessed that Agnes wasn't coming. She wasn't sure why, but she felt disappointed. She looked around the area once last time in hopes that Agnes would show. Then she saw her. Winter grinned once she saw the mutant girl. "Hey!" She then blushed and scratched the back of her head. She was still terribly shy about all of this.

"so uh.... Today was insane... To say the least ... I'm glad you decided to meet up." She smiled at her before looking at the setting sun. "Mind if we head to somewhere brighter? I don't want to use my powers unnecessarily until things settle."
HerpdaDerp

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 pm
Agnes nods her head in agreement. The curly mohawk bobs with the movement. “T’say the very least.” She sighs then and huffs out a small, humorless laugh. “It were a mess, darlin’. Least it’s endin’ on a decent note.” Her sharp grey gaze flicks to Winter and looks her up and down with a sly smile. In the fading sundown light, her eyes seem almost luminous.

God, this girl’s a goddamn snack, she thinks. Little thing, big personality, melts like candy in a pocket around Agnes. Ne’er stood a chance, Agnes thinks as she motions towards Winter. “Lead the way, sweet thing.”

Smart move probably, especially after her family’s show of force that afternoon and the whole mess leading up to it. There’s a tension here at this school, and she knows that one of these days, it’s gonna bubble over.

Right now though, she’s being led somewhere by a pretty girl. She’s content.
RegMon

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:47 pm
Winter blushed as Agnes overly looks her over with her almost luminous eyes. She was used to guys checking her out openly but not girls. She didn't want to seem too green around Agnes but she couldn't help it. Winter barely knew what she was doing at the moment and the way the other girl kept calling her all these pet names... God, she was a mess.

Winter nodded and motioned Agnes towards the dorms. "We can just go to my room, I guess. I don't have a roommate so we'll be alone." She paused after she said that. That could have been suggestive. Oh shit. Agnes might get the wrong idea. But at the same time.... Winter wanted to be alone with her. It was less embarrassing to say the least. At least she doesn't have to pretend that she wasn't bi.

"So uh.... how did you guys that I was also into girls?" She asked. "Did Noelle tell you?" THis was so embarrassing... Winter could barely look at Agnes at the moment even if her eyes did keep glancing up and down her form. Agnes was so strong and graceful... she was surprised that Agnes was single!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum